Syllabus for HP Subordinate Allied Services (Mains)
There will be following subjects for the (Main) examination:- Syllabus for HP Subordinate Allied Services (Mains)
|1. Paper-I English (Conventional)||150|
|2. Paper-II Hindi(Conventional)||150|
|3. Paper-III General Knowledge||200|
No candidate would be considered to have qualified the Written test unless he obtains 40% marks in aggregate in all papers and atleast 35% marks in each paper.
1. Paper-I English (Conventional) Duration: 3 Hours.
- Understanding of English
- Usage of Words
- Questions related to Reasoning Power
- Capacity to perceive implications
- Candidates will be required to answer questions designed to test their understanding of English and workmen like use of words .Some of the questions will be devised to test also their reasoning power, their capacity to perceive implications their ability to distinguish between the important and the less important and to write an essay. Passage will usually be set for summary or précis. Credit will be given for concise the effective expression.
2. Paper-II Hindi(Conventional) Duration: 3 Hours
- Translation of an English passage into Hindi
- Explanation of Hindi passage in Prose and Poetry in the same language
- Composition (Essay, Idioms, Correction, etc.)
3. Paper-III General Knowledge Duration: 3 Hours
History , geography , and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh. Knowledge of current events of National and International importance and of such matter of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India, Indian culture, Indian polity, Indian Economy and Geography of India of such nature as candidates should be able to answer without special study and question on the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
HPSAS Mains Question Paper 2018
|Paper-I English||Click here|
|Paper-ll Hindi||Click here|
|Paper-lll General Knowledge||Click here|
More Syllabus: Click here